THE FANSLER FOUNDATION IS MOST INTERESTED IN
PROVIDING GRANTS TO ORGANIZATIONS THAT:
- Directly benefit developmentally challenged or socioeconomically disadvantaged children that are infant through eighteen years of age.
- Have goals and objectives that are clearly stated.
- Have a broad base of funding support.
- Have demonstrated the ability to respond to the needs of specific groups of children in a manner that yields measurable results.
- Must operate in the Fresno, Kings, Tulare, Merced, Madera, or Mariposa Counties.
LETTER OF INTENT
Your Letter of Intent should address each of the nine (9) points listed in the outline below.
Should not exceed three (3) typewritten pages.
Must be Postmarked to the Foundation office by 5:00 p.m. on the 31st of March to be eligible. No extensions beyond the filing deadline will be accepted.
Applicants will be contacted by the 31st of July in regards to the status of their application.
The annual grants will fund by the 31st of October.
Your grant proposal must be submitted with a cover letter on stationery signed by a senior management official. Do not attach materials other than those requested. Individually clip copies. Do not staple. Do not include binders or covers.
Please submit one (1) original copy, plus six (6) additional copies including all attachments. Seven (7) copies total of the following:
NINE (9) POINTS IN OUTLINE
1. A brief statement of the organization s mission and goals.
2. A brief description of the organization s current programs and activities.
3. A brief self-assessment of the organization s status as a community-based or a
PURPOSE OF FUNDS BEING SOUGHT
4. A concise description of the program or service for which the organization is seeking funds.
5. A brief statement describing the need the program or service will address and the population
the program or service will impact.
6. A brief statement on the desired outcomes of this program or service and how these will be measured.
ANTICIPATED GRANT REQUEST
7. A brief statement indicating how much funding you intend to request.
8. A brief statement indicating how the funds will be used, e.g., Salaries? Equipment? Facilities?
Participant stipends? Meals? Training?
9. A list of donors covering the past twelve (12) months of funding support.
A. Copy of IRS 501 (c) verification or tax exempt certificate.
B. Estimated budget for funds requested, and if different, budget outlining total cost of the specified
program or service.
C. Current agency/organization budget or revenue/expenditure statement.
D. Recent annual report, brochure or other material describing your organization and its work.
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTING
Conditions in accepting a grant from the Fansler Foundation will be:
- A final accounting (itemized income and expense statement) of how the funds were used must be submitted no later than September 30 of the following year.
- A simple narrative description of any accomplishments of the program.
- Copies of any media coverage of the project.
- Grant year must be identified in the final accounting.
- The date October 1 is fixed and absolute and NO grant request from your organization will be considered for the following year if the "conditions for accepting" have not been met.
5713 N. WEST AVENUE #102 . FRESNO, CA 93711
(559) 432-0544 . FAX (559) 432-0543